Wish you could understand the Bible? You have the ability. You can learn the skills.
The Bible is my go-to source of hope, wisdom, encouragement and comfort.
Studying the Bible is how I know who God is, what He’s really like. God’s Word is where I learn how to live and respond to life.
And I love to share what I learn from Scripture. Friends share the good stuff they find, right? But I never want anyone to think you need me – or anyone else – to teach you.
YOU are capable and qualified to study and understand the Bible for yourself.
- A Bible – probably more than one! Not everyone does. Not even every Christian in the world.
- Your Bible is in English – a language you can understand! Again, not a privilege everyone has.
- You can read – again . . . not a world-wide luxury.
- You have the Holy Spirit. John 14:26 says,“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.”
So you see, you have been given much. Much that would be considered a privilege and a luxury in much of the world. And to whom much is given, much shall be required! (Luke 12:48)
But, wait, you say . . . sure I have a Bible, in English, that I can (and do!) read. And I believe God has given me the Holy Spirit, but how do I study? How do I go beyond reading the words to dig out the gold I’ve heard is in there? Maybe I have the basic tools, but I lack the skills. I don’t know where to start.
You can learn Bible study skills.
My friend, Arabah Joy, has created a hands-on class just for you! (Affiliate links ahead!)
- A 30+ page workbook – detailed explanation, instructions and worksheets for each of the 7 Bible study methods
- 7 step-by-step video lessons – these are roughly 20 minutes long; each one walks you through applying your new skill to a Bible verse or passage
Why should you purchase a Bible Study course?
This is continuing education, friends.
We do it in every other sphere of life, right? Career, parenting, marriage, a hobby. Your spiritual life deserves the same commitment. Knowing how to study Scripture isn’t automatically downloaded to your brain when you become a Christian. God gives you a desire to know Him. He also gives you a study manual (the Bible!) as well as the ability to understand the Bible. Don’t be afraid to invest in developing quality skills.
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15
Do you need to start a Bible study habit?
Or infuse new life into a tired Bible reading routine?
Bible Study Methods: 7 Ways in 7 Days will help you do either one.
Shared at: Grace & Truth,